Tuesday, December 12, 2006

My photographic Expedition - Part 1

I hate flowers. I paint them because they're cheaper than models and they don't move. - Georgia O'Keeffe



For Similar reasons, when I started photography, monuments around Bombay served as my models. They came with two advantages- they didn't complain even if you took a long time to compose your shot (hurry up man, I'm tired of standing); and they came free (can you beat that!!!).


Unlike the guy in the quote above, I dont hate the monuments, though I do have a inherent dislike for all those jokers who scribble "Raj loves Raja" (Must be from the US) or treat them as some ancient Sulabh Shauchalayas.

In another post, I will post my long journey of collecting and selling of various camera gear...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha

nice sunday morning read! you should continue writing, ajay.

enjoyed reading your posts.

ajjuman said...

Thanks Maltova, will do that :)