Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I live to read

Though at times i feel that i am a half baked reader.

Books have been my companion since a long long time. Countless vacations spent in the welcoming arms of novels. They are my best friends. They never judge me, never put me down , are always so willing to share and invite me to their world, and are always there when ever i want them.

I used to buy something like 4 books a year. Now i dont maintain that count... there's barely enuf space here in this tiny rat hole which i have rented out (rents in bangalore have no relation to the amt of space you get to occupy), and my wife threatens to throw my books out whenever i buy em. To my credit, in my 3 years here, i have not only purchased em, but also ensured that all 3 of us (me, my missus, and me books) live under one roof....

In Bombay, i used to buy a good amt of them from the foothpaths of Fort. Second hand stuff, with the name of the previous owner scribbled, at times words under-lined, at times comments written. These second hand books have their own "smell", their own "character"

A book i would not hesitate to recommend:
The moon is down by John Steinbeck, besids ofcourse, his Grapes of Wrath.

p.s. books are my best friends.... Sheesh.... what kind of a loser are you dude- get a life

No comments: